sponsored by Toddlewood Studios
OPEN TO GIRLS & YOUNG WOMEN 10 - 21 YEARS OF AGE
Our annual essay contest is an opportunity for participants to celebrate their BEAUTY and for us to celebrate them by featuring the winners in next year’s I AM BEAUTY calendar.
The contest is open to girls and young women 10-21 years of age. Applicants must be able to participate in the B.E.A.U.T.Y. Day and Photoshoot on November 12, 2017 from 10am to 6pm at Toddlewood Studios in Baldwin , NY.
- Essay or Video Option - Submit a 500-1000 word essay or 1-2 minute video on what is your definition of BEAUTY and why you are B.E.A.U.T.Y ( Beautiful, Extraordinary, Ambitious , Unlimited , Talented , Young).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org by the Deadline - All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM on November, 1st. If you are submitting a video , please upload the video to youtube or vimeo and email the link to the address noted with a transcript of the video.
- Additional Information- Essays and videos should be submitted with a photo in jpeg format. Include applicant’s full name , age, school or college, , parent/guardian name and phone number in the body of the email.
- Notifications - Winners will be notified by email on November 5th.
Prizes - 10 contest finalists will be selected to participate in our signature B.E.A.U.T.Y. day which includes:
- I AM Beauty #ConfidenceisQueen workshop and confidence building experience w/ our Founder Akilah C. Thompson & Special Guests
- Make-up Application Tutorial and Makeover with team of professional makeup artists and hair stylists.
- Photo session w/ Celebrity Photographer & Founder of Toddlewood Tricia Messeroux. Participants will be captured with two looks ; ( 1) Current - any style (2) Future - dressed as their future self
- Giveaways & Much More!